The common belief is that eggs contain high amounts of cholesterol, which leads people to avoid eating them. However, eggs are actually beneficial to our body.
What you need to know is that eggs should be included in your daily diet. Here’s why:
1. Contrary to popular belief, eggs actually lower the bad cholesterol in our bodies. Eggs only have 180-186 mg while our liver produces 1000-2000 mg of cholesterol. By eating 3 eggs every breakfast, you can cut down the bad cholesterol in your body.
2. Eggs help strengthen your bones. They are a good source of Vitamin D and Calcium.
3. Eggs are also helpful in building muscle due to the amount of protein they contain. Two serving of eggs is equivalent to one serving of meat.
4. Eggs are packed with essential nutrients such as Riboflavin, folate, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, selenium, and Vitamins A, E and B6.
5. Eggs help in weight loss. They contain essential nutrients that break down unwanted fats.
6. Eggs can reduce the risk of obesity by curbing your appetite, according to the American College of Nutrition and the International Journal for Obesity.
7. Eggs help prevent eye problems. They are rich in Lutein and Zeaxanthin, which reduce the risk of developing cataracts and macular degeneration.
8. Eggs help prevent heart disease. The protein found in eggs helps preven