Onions are abundant in vitamin B6, C, manganese, and dietary fiber.
Here are some of their most amazing health benefits!
Health Benefits of Onions
- They improve the immune system, thanks to the phytochemicals and vitamin C in their content.
- The chromium in onions helps in regulating blood sugar.
- They have long been used for healing infections and reducing inflammation.
- Raw onion keeps your heart healthy, as it reduces the production of LDL, bad cholesterol.
- Quercetin is a powerful compound of onions which helps prevent cancer.
- Onion juice can help you relieve the pain and burning sensation related to honey bee sting.
- This vegetable lowers the risk of gastric ulcers as it scavenges free radicals.
- Use the bright green tops of green onions more often, as they are loaded with vitamin A.
- Its antibacterial and antiviral properties help kill bacteria and germs.
Why to put onions in your socks before bedtime?
One of the most important benefits onions provide is that they purify the blood by flushing out toxins from the body.
Onions are a well-known air purifier, so if you apply it topically, it will kill all bacteria and germs.
The phosphoric acid it contains will enter your bloodstream, purifying your blood and destroying any germs and bacteria which might give you the flu.
So just put onion slices at the bottom of your feet. This part of the foot contains meridians or otherwise called access points which are directly linked to your internal organs.
The meridians will act as pathways to the nervous system, and your internal organs.
Another useful tip is walking barefoot whenever possible, since wearing shoes makes your meridians dormant.
How to Do it Properly
Chop organic onions into slices, by cutting flat circles which should act as a platform to your entire feet. Put one large slice on the bottom of each foot, and put on socks to fasten them. Do this before bedtime, so the onions can act throughout the night.
Benefits of Putting Onions on the Bottom of Your Feet
- Destruction of germs and bacteria thanks to its antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- Purification of blood, due to the phosphoric acid it contains which gets absorbed through the skin.
- Air purification.