A Zimbabwean man identified as Gift Kazembe from Shurugwi has committed suicide after catching his wife having s*x with a herdboy.
According to Zimnews reports, Gift Kazembe took a deadly pesticide because he couldn’t come to terms with the fact that his wife, Shelter Maura, was having intercourse with their former employee, a herdboy.
According to the report, the alleged relationship between the wife and the unidentified employee, is said to have started sometime in 2015 when the two accompanied each other to a local Church.
Gift started suspecting and questioned the wife who professed ignorance. However, all hell broke loose when he was given a tip off by his friends that shelter was in love with their employee.
Upon receiving the tip off, he chased away the boy in a bid to protect his marriage following the suspicion. However, this did not deter them fro seeing each other secretly.
The wife who is asthmatic purportedly left home for a local clinic to collect some tablets the day the incident happened, the report added.
The husband secretly followed his wife and caught her having s*x with the herdboy in the bush.
Gift got infuriated, went back home where he drank a cotton pesticide leading to his death.
A Lagos-based trader identified only as Iya Keji, have been declared wanted on Tuesday by the Nigerian Police Force for allegedly cutting her ward, Bose, with a blade, in different parts of her body.
According to Punch Metro, Angered by the wicked and barbaric act, the mother of one, was attacked by residents on Tayo Kehinde Street, in the Egbeda area of Lagos State, though she later escaped. However, her mother, aunt and daughter were detained by the police pending the arrest of the trader.
Iya Keji’s husband travelled abroad five years ago, leaving her with their 6-year-old daughter, Keji, and the 12-year-old victim, Bose who is undergoing treatment in an undisclosed hospital in the area.
Bose is reported to be the suspect’s husband’s cousin and had been living with them before the husband travelled out, and around 4am on Tuesday, Iya Keji beat up the victim before inflicting deep cuts in her face and hands.
It was gathered that around 8:00am on Tuesday, she reportedly asked her to buy plaster to cover up the injuries. Residents, who saw the extent of the injuries, raised the alarm.
While speaking to a correspondent, a woman who did not want to be identified, said the suspect used a sharp object.
She said, “I was taking my daughter to school this morning (Tuesday) when I saw the girl. I counted four deep cuts– two on her face, one each on her hands. Her veins were showing and it was like her wrist would cut off.
“When we asked her what happened, she said her guardian saw N20 in her pocket, which she could not account for. She came to buy plaster in a shop on the street when people saw the injuries and accompanied her to the house. We all rebuked the woman for maltreating the child.”
A trader told a correspondent that the suspect rebuffed the reprimands and abused the “uninvited visitors.” She claimed that a friend of the suspect later grabbed the victim and put her on a motorcycle, while Iya Keji also joined the man.
“We all tried to trail them, but they escaped. Somebody alerted the police and when they arrived, we started making frantic attempts to locate Iya Keji, her friend and the victim,” the trader said.
It was gathethere that some minutes later, the suspect’s friend returned to the house. “We quickly alerted the police and the man was prevented from leaving the house until the police arrived. He took the police to where the child was kept. She was not taken to a hospital. She was held up in a dingy room, where they had applied some powder on the injuries,” another woman added.
When a reporter visited the Shasha Police Station, he observed that the suspect had not been arrested by the police. Her six-year-old daughter was sighted shedding tears, while the grandma lamented.
She was overheard saying, “I have always warned my daughter against beating that girl. I told her to always report her to me. I promise to produce her as soon as I find her.”
The Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Olarinde Famous-Cole, confirmed the incident.
He said, “One Bose Arogundade, aged 12, was assaulted by her guardian, one Iya Keji, with a razor blade, thereby inflicting injuries in her face and hands. The girl was later rescued from where she was abandoned on Gowon Estate. She has been taken to a hospital for treatment while the suspect is at large.”
Laolu Akande, the media aide of Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, said in a statement released on Tuesday, that at least 149,669 Nigerian graduates of the 200,000 engaged by the Federal Government under the N-Power Volunteer Corps, are now collecting their monthly stipends of N30,000 monthly having been physically verified and deployed across the 36 states and FCT.
He said the beneficiaries on government pay roll have been physically verified and deployed, while their bank accounts have also been matched with the Bank Verification Number.
The SSA said that, in December, about 112,475 of the N-Power graduate beneficiaries received the N30,000 monthly stipends, and the number came close to 150,000, both in January and February meaning about that number are now receiving their up-to-date stipends from the N-Power Volunteer Corps.
Akande also noted that now beneficiaries across the 36 States of the Federation, and the FCT have been verified, totaling the 150,000 figure. He said the balance 50,000 of the 200,000 beneficiaries engaged by the FG are those who so far could not be paid for various reasons.
This includes those who were disqualified during verification on the basis of age-over 35, and inadequate academic qualification. The N-Power is for university, polytechnics and College of Education graduates only. There were also some of the selected 200,000 who were ‘no shows’ meaning they simply did not report for verification at all.
Others who could not be paid were those whose personal information details were faulty, including those whose marital status had changed. There are also those who used different names and differing personal information. And lastly there are also those whose banking information simply do not match with their BVN banking records.
In the case of those whose marital status have changed, Akande explained that their information is now being updated through the various States and FCT Focal Persons and then they would be represented for payment. He also disclosed that those who have sought redeployment to other states are among the 50,000 and in such cases, they will be considered alongside those to be replaced from the N-Power waiting list where necessary.
The process for the replacement of those who did not show up and those disqualified would also resume shortly to bring the number back to 200,000 for the first batch of the 500,000 promised by the Buhari administration.
A 25 years old man who is currently being lured into a r0mantic relationship with an underaged school girl has discussed share the temptations he is facing.
According to the young teacher , the girl is just 15 years old but have a big stature. Read his story below:
A Court in Australia on Wednesday found a wellness blogger, Belle Gibson, guilty of deceiving and misleading people on using natural remedies and nutrition to cure cancer.
The disgraced health personality, who made tens of thousands of dollars selling books and a mobile app about her miraculous recovery, was taken to court by Consumer Affairs Victoria after it was revealed that she never had the disease.
Justice Debra Mortimer said during the judgment that Gibson, 25, may have “remained under some kind of delusion that she had cancer.”
“She may have had other psychological or psychiatric issues.
“Those possibilities are reasonably open on the evidence. I am not persuaded on the evidence she was acting unconscionably,’’ Mortimer said.
However, the judge also found Gibson guilty of using vulnerable groups, including a terminally ill five-year-old, and engaging in misleading or deceptive commerce to sell her wellness products and boost her own image and success.
Gibson had promised “a large part” of everything her company earned would be donated to charities.
“Gibson’s company, between 2013 and 2015, earned 420,000 Australian dollars (318,000 dollars) from sales of the app and the book and of this figure, but only 10,000 dollars was donated.
“(Gibson) deliberately played on the genuine desire of members of the Australian community to help those less fortunate,’’ Mortimer said.
Gibson had claimed that she cured her cancer with Ayurvedic medicine, oxygen therapy and a gluten and sugar-free diet.
She has been absent from court since case was brought against her in 2016, with no lawyers representing her.
Consumer Affairs Victoria is seeking for Gibson to pay a fine and publish an apology in newspapers acknowledging she lied.
However, the penalties for her misconduct will be handed down at a later date.
Concerned citizens have taken to twitters to condemn Gibson.
Baron of Burleigh @BoyfromBurleigh twitted on Wednesday that, “Belle Gibson gave false hope to thousands of cancer sufferers with lies and deceit. Jail the piece of dog shit”.
“Belle Gibson would never have had so much impact if her miraculous claims were reported responsibly (or not at all),” another Dr Darren Saunders, said.
The Senate has again rejected the confirmation of Ibrahim Magu as the substantive chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Magu was first rejected on the 15th of December, 2016. This is the second time the Senate is rejecting Magu since he was appointed in an acting capacity since November 2015 by President Muhammadu Buhari.
The rejection followed a heated questions and answers session between Senators and Magu. The question and answer session was part of the confirmation process for Magu.
Magu was grilled on issues of human rights abuses, abuses of court processes and judgments, as well as loss of human lives in EFCC cells.
So far, Magu responded to questions on a report of the Department of State Services (DSS), which claimed that he corruptly enriched himself since he joined the commission in 2004.
He has also dispelled claims that he accepted to stay in a house rented for him by a former Air Force officer who is currently facing corruption trial in one of the courts in the country.
The second rejection of Magu was based on another report from the DSS, which maintained the same position that he will constitute a problem to the ongoing anti-corruption fight.
Credit: Ripple Nigeria
Men sometimes complain that their wives usually develop headache around bedtime, leaving them with no choice than to allow madam have her deserved rest.
However, researchers have said that the best cure for headache is that three-letter word, S-E-X! And it is as natural as it comes!
Far from using a headache as an excuse to skip s*x, researchers at the University of Munster, Germany, have concluded that s*x can actually provide relief for migraine and cluster headache sufferers.
The scientists say when you have s*x, it triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers, via the central nervous system, which will consequently reduce, or even eliminate, a headache.
Their research, reported in the journal of the International Headache Society, Cephalalgia, found that more than half of migraine sufferers who had s*x during an episode experienced an improvement in symptoms.
One in five patients left without any pain at all, while others, in particular male sufferers, “even used s*xual activity as a therapeutic tool”, they added.
The scientists note that the majority of patients with migraine or cluster headache do not have s*xual activity during headache attacks, hence their ignorance about the healing power of s*x.
“Our data suggest that sexual activity can lead to partial or complete relief of headache in some migraine and a few cluster headache patients.
“Our results show that sexual activity during a migraine attack might relieve or even stop an attack in some cases, and that sexual activity in the presence of headache is not an unusual behaviour.”
They added: “S*x can abort migraine and cluster headache attacks, and sexual activity is used by some patients as acute headache treatment.”
In their research, entitled “The impact of s*xual activity on idiopathic headaches: An observational study,” the team of neurologists investigated whether s*x can trigger headaches.
They also wanted to establish whether there was any substance to anecdotal suggestions that it could actually ease symptoms of migraine and cluster, also known as one-sided, headaches.
So, next time you feel a headache coming on, skip the painkillers and reach for your sweetie instead.
The Chinese Deputy Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr. Lin Jing, yesterday in Abuja, said Chinese investments in country have hit over $13 billion.
He said China was also demonstrating its commitment to Nigeria’s friendship and development through the $1.3billion Lagos-Ibadan Railway Project.
He added that the $326 million 30 rice mills projects slated for the various parts of the country, the China EXIM Bank funded $984 Zungeru Hydro-Electricity Project and the $450 million loan for the construction of Keffi Road, all point to his country’s commitment to the growth of the nation’s economy.
He spoke when he led a delegation to the National Assembly to strengthen the bilateral ties between Nigeria and China.
Mr. Jing reaffirmed China’s commitment to Nigeria’s development, saying that Chinese investments in Nigeria stood at $13 billion at the end of 2016.
Receiving the delegation, Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, urged the Chinese government to ensure proper and fair treatment of Nigerians working in Chinese firms in the country.
A statement endorsed by the Media Adviser to the Deputy Senate President, Uche Anichukwu, explained that while appreciating the government and people of China for their support towards Nigeria’s development, especially in the areas of investments, roads, railway, agriculture, and power, among others, Ekweremadu also decried reports of alleged mistreatment of Nigerians by their Chinese employers as well as alleged illegal mining by some Chinese nationals.
He said: “We have received reports of discrimination and mistreatment of our citizens working in Chinese factories in Nigeria. We want to see more of Chinese factories and presence in Nigeria to help us reload the private sector. But, we also want to see Nigerians who work in Chinese factories treated like their Chinese colleagues. We welcome you with open hands and we expect you to also treat our people well, like your people.”
Senator Ekweremadu stressed that Nigeria frowned at any form of illegal mining as it portended both economic loss and environmental hazards to Nigeria.
He said: “We will also like to see that Chinese who do business here do it in accordance with our laws. We have heard reports of some Chinese who allegedly engage in illegal mining. Nigeria is blessed with abundant mineral resources and am sure the government is ever willing to cooperate with lawful interests through licensing for the exploitation of these mineral in compliance with our laws.”
It was a relatively cold morning in July 2014. Babagana Bukar and his family woke up earlier than they would have done in previous months, just to have Sahur – the pre-dawn meal taken by Muslim faithful in the month of Ramadan, in preparation for the day’s fast.
After the meal, they had their ablution and were preparing for Salat al-fajr – the first Muslim prayer of the day – when Boko Haram insurgents laid siege to their homes.
“Any man who was old enough was killed,” Bukar tells TheCable, smiling at how he led his life afterwards – for him, the journey to independent manhood began too early.
“I watched them slaughter my father,” he says, this time with a dim countenance, wiping his face like he wants to waive off the memories of the past.
The 14-year-old and others whose fathers had just been put to such brutal death were asked to join the Boko Haram sect as foot soldiers.
“They rallied us and we were forced to follow them, with the goods that they took from our homes,” he says in Kanuri, a very popular language among the dwellers of Kala Balge, Ngala and Gamboru.
Bukar was not willing to join a sect which killed his father in their quest to gain territories and do “the will of Allah,” as they continually said in attempts to brainwash the young boys.
“When I had my chance, I ran, and as God will have it, I escaped Boko Haram. I came across a river, which was knee-deep. I carried my bicycle and walked through the river, on my way through Gamboru.”
Bukar slept along the Gamboru border of Nigeria and Cameroon on his first night, but his destination was Chad.
For him, it was more reasonable to travel to Chad than to make his way to the state capital, Maiduguri, Nigeria, and his reasons are understandable.
SHORTCUT TO SAFETY
First, his grandmother – who fled Nigeria, owing to insurgency in the northeast – was living in Chad. She was the only one he could think of running to at such hard times. Maiduguri to Rann is a 172-kilometre stretch of largely dilapidated roads.
For locals, it is easier to go to Maiduguri, through Cameroon, than to come to the state capital through Kala Balge.
N’Djamena, the capital of Chad, is only 96 kilometres away from Rann, through Cameroon. It is not only better, it is also shorter for anyone fleeing Kala Balge.
Bukar, now 16, said he avoided every path where he saw prints of motorcycles and cars, finding his way through bushes and villages.
“Engineer”, as he is fondly called because of his skills with phone repairs, narrated how he went from Gamboru, to Gwado, to Afade, then Kousséri, a city in northern Cameroon, before crossing over to Chad, where he met up with his grandmother, after four tiring days on the road.
At least he survived and he is alive to tell his story. If he would end up a qualified engineer is another matter entirely.
The female British tourist found wandering n*ked on the streets of Bangkok on Tuesday afternoon.
According to Dailymail reports, The woman is said to be in her mid-30s and has been missing for several days before onlookers spotted her walking near the popular tourist spot Khao San Road.
Photos of the incident show several Bangkok police officials helping the woman after finding her wandering through the city. There is no suspicion that the woman was attacked.
When the woman’s parents saw their daughter’s photos on MailOnline, her mother flew to Bangkok in hope of being reunited with her.
The woman ran away when police first tried to speak with her, but officials later caught her on a nearby bridge and handed her a sarong to cover herself up.
They then took her into be questioned, but they could not understand her and brought her to a hospital for examination.
The woman is believed to be at the Chana Songkhram police station, but officials can’t hold her indefinitely because she hasn’t committed a crime.
The woman’s mother is hoping to reach the police station before she is released.