Nosa Ajegunle reported fled the scene of a crime following the death of Miss Nwana Asuquo.
It was alleged that Ajegunle stabbed his lady lover to death with a bottle after a heated argument and immediately took to his heels. Blood stain was still visible on the carpet in the deceased’s apartment where she was allegedly murdered.
While narrating the incident to newsmen, the deceased sister, Eunice Asuquo, said the killer was in a hurry after committing the crime which made her suspicious. She said, “When I came out, I saw the man, Nosa entering his vehicle.
“I asked him what was the matter but he ignored me and entered his vehicle and drove off. I entered inside the house only to find my sister on the floor, dead.”
The victims neighbour, Mr Effiong Precious noted that before he left, the unmarried couple were happy and didn’t quarrel. The police are now looking for the woman’s killer who is still on the run.
A teenage girl has ran away from her home after confessing that her 40-year-old teacher promised to marry her which made her give herself to him. After the teacher couldn’t fulfill his promise, the girl decided to run away.
According to Daily Sun ZA, the girl’s grandmother from Orinoco, outside Thulamahashe in Mpumalanga, revealed that her granddaughter sent her a letter saying she was in Phalaborwa in Limpopo area of South Africa and would not return home.
The outspoken former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili, has backed former governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Charles Soludo, who reportedly said last week that President Buhari inherited a bad situation but made it worse.
She reavelaed this in a series of tweets posted on social some hours ago.
According to reports, while speaking at the ‘Big Ideas Podium’, a public policy debate organised by the Afri Heritage Institution in Enugu, last week, Soludo was quoted as saying;
“Buhari met a very bad situation when he assumed power, but he has made the situation worse. Nigeria today is a fragile state with a failing economy. Some say failing state; some say failed state. The economy is not just in recession; we are suffering from massive economic compression,” he said. Below are her tweets we culled from social media;
New facts have emerged on the death of the four officers of Lagos Police Command who were involved in an auto crash in Ikorodu, with sources claiming the officers may have survived but for the lack of oxygen at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital.
According to Newsmakersng, Police spokesman, ASP Olarinde Famous-Cole, said the officers, who were attached to the X-Squad Unit, died on Sunday after their patrol vehicle was crushed by a truck along Agbowa Road in Ikorodu, Lagos.
Famous-Cole said the victims, Inspector Donatus Igwe; the driver of the patrol vehicle, Inspector Segun Ajibade; Woman-Sergeant Blessing Umoru; and Sergeant Idowu Ibidapo, were out to arrest some suspected fake policemen operating in the area when the accident occurred.
He added that while three died on the spot, Sergeant Ibidapo died at LASUTH because he was not quickly connected to oxygen to enhance his breath.
Doctors at the hospital said they were short of oxygen.
The team leader, identified as ASP Tola, survived the accident.
According to Channels TV, the suit by the IPOB leader is seeking his unconditional release and 800 million U.S dollars in damages.
The Federal Government in its application had asked the court to dismiss the case because it is a subject matter before the Federal High Court and the Appeal court and as such, it constitutes an abuse of court process.
Presiding judge, Justice Micah Wright-Williams, in his ruling, however dismissed the application for lacking in merit, because according to him, the ECOWAS court has the jurisdiction to hear cases of infringement of human rights.
The new measures against the United States was revealed on Tuesday by the Deputy Foreign Minister Majid Takht-Ravanchi.
Takht-Ravanchi said it was unperturbed by the renewed ban on Iranian visitors under US President Donald Trump’s revised executive order from Monday, which had been forced after legal challenges overturned the original order.
Takht-Ravanchi said: “the new executive order is also worthless from a judicial point of view.
“As long as Iranians were barred from entering the U.S., U.S. citizens would be barred from entering Iran; as soon as the U.S. lifts the ban, as it was forced to do at the end of February, Iran would respond in kind.”
Takht-Ravanchi stressed that Iran had never been involved in any terrorist attacks on US soil.
He said countries that were involved were not on Trump’s list.
Trump signed a revised executive order Monday halting new visas for 90 days for people from six majority-Muslim countries- Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen and also suspending refugee admissions for 120 days.
The new order takes effect March 16.
Iraq was on the previous 90-day ban order but is now removed from the list due to enhanced cooperation with the government in Baghdad, the White House said.
I want to urge Big Brother Naija to use #Kemen ‘s, incident to educate about serial offenses.
Our men must learn that no means no. Don’t imagine a consent you are not given. Don’t claim she’s leading you on when you are the one that is on.
A lady owns her body, she has the right to it, she has the power to give it or not. Don’t force yourself on the next woman.
Please parents, let’s raise better men who will be protectors of women not aggressor. Let’s do more to protect women, they make the world better place.
Nigerian actor Prince James Uche who has been battling with protracted diabetes is said to be acting weird since last weekend.
His familly has called for prayers from well-meaning Nigerians as his condition fails to improve amid the completion of fund-raising for his healthcare.
It would be recalled that the family used social media to champion a fund-raising cause for the ailing actor who received about N14 million naira from the Abia State governor, Okezie Ikpeazu.
In a recent statment by his family members which read:
“Pls help us in prayers. Prince James Uche will not die. He started behaving funny since Sunday morning. Visa is out for us to travel on Saturday this week. He became unconscious. Till this hour. Still same. Pls inform all our friends and family who donated to save his life. To pray for divine intervention. Prince James Uche is in a worse situation ever.”
Watch the video of Prince James Uche on his sick bed below:
Our attention have been drawn to various publication and news items circulating in the media, that we the family of Kemen intend to take legal action against the organizers of Big Brother Naija 2017 about the way and manner that our son Kemen was disqualified from the reality TV show. We want to state it clearly that the family of Kemen have not met with, or spoken to anyone regarding this issue.